CHANGING ULI AND OUR COMMUNITIES - A Message from ULI's Top Leadership
ULI commits to being a catalyst for change in our industry and in our diverse communities.
Join a ULI/SA Local Member Council. Applications are open now through October 9, 2020.
ENGAGE WITH ULI/SA MEMBERS ON A LOCAL MEMBER COUNCIL
Local Member Councils are designed to engage members based on their expertise and passion within the land use industry. ULI/SA LMCs are member-driven and led by co-chairs. Each council determines its program content, guest speakers, and meeting schedule. Takeaways will be shared at a ULI/SA Local Member Council PechaKucha on the Patio at the Tobin Center on May 6, 2021.
ULI San Antonio is launching six Local Member Councils for 2020-21:
1. Housing – Co-Chairs: Thad Rutherford/Southstar Communities & Jim Bruner/KaiRoi Residential
2. Mobility – Chair: Taylor Dawson/Pape-Dawson
3. Neighborhood Development – Co-Chairs: Peter French/GrayStreet Partners & Chris Lazaro/City of SA
4. Office/Economic Development – Co-Chairs: John Taylor/JLL & John Beauchamp/Hixon Properties
5. Public Spaces/Placemaking – Co-Chairs: Corrina Green/UTSA & Elaine Kearney/TBG Partners
6. Urban Core – Co-Chairs: Gene Williams/CBRE & Brian Uhlrich/DBR, Inc.
ULI members who serve on a Local Member Council are expected to attend regularly to fully participate in the exchange of information and advance the goals of the Local Member Council. The success of the LMC is dependent upon active participation and meaningful contribution by all members
Membership on each Local Member Council is limited to 12-20 people and is determined by application. The application process is designed to ensure an engaging experience that includes diverse, multidisciplinary perspectives on each Local Member Council. Once admitted to a Local Member Council, members may continue participation year-after-year without reapplying. You must be a current ULI member to participate.
The deadline to apply is October 9. Participants will be notified by 10/16 and the Kick-Off Meeting is on October 23.