Local Product Councils are designed to engage members based on their expertise and passion within the land use industry. Local Product Councils are member-driven and led by co-chairs. Each council determines their program content, guest speakers, and meeting schedule. Meetings are meant to be discussion focused, even when seeded by a guest speaker. Limited takeaways are shared with the greater ULI San Antonio membership.
Currently ULI San Antonio has one active Local Product Council focused on Office Ownership and Development. Other councils, such as Regional Development, Transportation, Mixed Use, Infill Development and Housing may be formed with member interest. If you are interested in organizing and leading a Local Product Council, email Janis Ploetz.
VALUE TO SAN ANTONIO COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- to connect peers who can exchange “state-of-the-art” information in parallel disciplines
- to provide education from the deep resources of ULI locally, nationally and globally
- to foster collaboration that maximizes impact on development challenges and opportunities
Council Members will be drawn from the full range of disciplines involved in the product type. A minimum of twelve (12) Council members will be selected to participate with balanced representation from the following:
- Development Firms, including Real Estate Investment Trusts or Corporations,
- Financial Institutions involved in lending, investment, or institutional sales,
- Professional Service Firms, including planning, architecture, real estate economics, public finance, land use law, and real estate brokerage,
- Government/Academic Institutions, including State, County, City or other public sector or non-profit entities (e.g., academic), and
- Construction Firms
At least three meetings and various lunches of the Council will be held annually (one per quarter). Council Members will agree to remain on the Council for a minimum of one year, and will be required to attend all three meetings to maintain their membership.
****You must be an ULI Associate or Full Member to be on a Council.
Seeking ways to get involved with ULI? The ULI Navigator is an online tool to aid members in getting involved with ULI as best suits their interests and experience level. Visit navigator.uli.org