Young Leaders Mentorship Program
APPLICATION NOW OPEN FOR THE ULI/SA FY18 MENTORSHIP PROGRAM. APPLY HERE
The ULI/SA Mentorship Program is year-long professional development program designed to provide the following to Young Leader members who are under the age of 35:
- Exploration of ULI’s mission in a confidential, trusting environment of idea exchange;
- A broader understanding of all facets of the real estate environment;
- Connectivity with ULI peers and a senior-level Mentor;
- Personal and professional development.
The 2017-18 Mentorship Program will consist of four small groups, each consisting of 5-8 Young Leader members paired with a single Mentor. Each Small Group will have an appointed Group Leader to assist the Mentor with scheduling, selecting meeting venues, making lunch arrangements/reservations, etc.
Meetings will be scheduled from September 2017 through June 2018, consisting of several small group lunch discussions and two combined group events.
100% attendance is expected. Participants are made aware of the attendance requirement at the onset of the application process. Each participant’s supervisor has provided signed permission / recognition of the monthly meetings and the attendance requirement. Each Group Leader must keep track of attendance for each meeting, and provide it to the Young Leader Management Committee at the conclusion of the program. Attendance will be taken into consideration when determining future admittance into the program.
Dates and locations for the group lunches are at the discretion of the Mentor and group participants. All arrangements related to booking conference rooms, making reservations or ordering boxed lunches will be handled by the Group Leader in coordination with the Mentor. Food and drink for Small Group meetings will be ordered in advance by the Group Leader and paid for via ULI with the funds from the $75 participation fee from each participant . Lunches are expected to last 60 to 75 minutes.
There is a $75 annual fee to participate in the Mentorship Forum. This fee is separate from, and in addition to, your annual ULI membership dues. The all-inclusive fee covers expenses for the meetings, including the small group lunch discussions and two combined group events.
2017-18 MENTORS: TO BE ANNOUNCED
Applicants are selected based on the following criteria:
- ULI Member age 35 or younger* (membership must be current at the time of application)
- Thoughtful and thorough responses on the application
- Employment/engagement in the real estate industry
- Active past and current involvement in ULI programs and events
- Commitment to the time required for active involvement in the program, or demonstrated commitment to the program in years past
- Demonstrated high standard of professional and personal integrity
*Applicants must be age 35 or younger as of the June 30 application deadline.
- July 27 – Info Session at Essex Modern & Applications Available
- August 1 – Application Available Online
- August 29 – Application Deadline
- September 8 – Applicants notified of admission to the program
- September 8-20 – Email from Mentor to respective group with schedule for the events in September (all Mentor Groups) & October (1st Small Group Meeting)
- September – “Meet Your Mentor” Kickoff Party Special Event with all Mentor Groups.
- October – May – Monthly Small Group meetings
- June – Mentorship Program Closing Happy Hour Event for all groups
- July – Kickoff Party for FY19’s ULI Mentorship Program
I can’t attend the Info Session on July 27th, can I still apply?
Yes. Attendance at the Info Session is not mandatory, however it is recommended. The Info Session is designed to provide an overview of the program, share personal experiences from past participants and mentors, and to answer questions.
How do I apply?
Applications are submitted online. APPLY HERE >>
Do I have to be a member to apply?
Yes, you must have a current ULI membership. You can call 800-321-5011 to get your membership number or renew your membership. You may also email Janis.Ploetz@uli.org for assistance.
Do I have to upload a photo and/or my resume?
Yes, the photo and resume will help mentors get to those in their group.
Can I request a particular Mentor?
No, ULI will assign selected applicants to Mentors in order to balance and diversify each group.
When will I know if I was selected?
You will be notified of acceptance no later than September 8, 2017.
Do I need to pay the $75 participation fee now?
No, you will be provided instructions for paying the fee if you are accepted into the program.
Please feel free to contact any of us if you have questions about the Mentorship Program or application process.
Young Leader Mentorship Program Chair
Megan Moshier, Studio 8 Architects
Young Leader Mentorship Program Co-Chair
Kris Feldmann, CREO Architecture